You can run into an issue when a VM says in Update Management “Not Configured”.
First clear the cache in; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State folder
(Health service needs to be stopped).
If this not fix your issue try the following:
- Open Microsoft Monitoring Agent settings on the server
- Remove the workspace connection
- Click on Apply and close MMA
- Stop service HealthService
- Delete the contents of the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State folder
- Remove the settings under the HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HybridRunbookWorker -> key
- Go to the Azure Portal and open the Automation Account
- Under System Hybrid Worker groups, find the virtual machine you having issues with
- Delete that System Hybrid worker group
After this go back into your MMA settings, give up your workspace details and the VM will show up after a few minutes.